Skip to main content

What is lowest practical bow poundage?

The school of hard knocks has taught me to take care of myself. Being a senior citizen has taught me I am not bullet proof. I want to take care of the body I have.

I've been an archer all my life. Recently my backyard bow broke. It was a cheapie, a PSE. So no big deal.

The good thing is, I get to buy a replacement. In order to save my body parts - my fingers, shoulders, and what ever else might take a beating from use, I want to buy the lightest, PRACTCAL bow/arrow set-up commonly available.

My question is, Who sells a traditional style bow with a very light pull poundage, and arrows (or just shafts) to match? The bow that broke was a 30#. My arrows measure 28 inches from the depth of the knock (the radius where the arrow contacts the string), to the end of the arrow if you were to unscrew and remove the point. It doesn't matter to me, long or recurve. I can fletch my own arrows. I normally use aluminum shafts. (Even for my compound bow.) I like to shoot distances of 20 to 35 yards, just because.

Some years ago I saw a used 18 pound wooden longbow in an archery shop and I didn't buy it and now I'm kicking myself.

Anyway. I would like to buy a light weight traditional style bow and arrow set-up that uses standard components. Any help you all could provide would be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking of contacting Lancaster Archery and buying the lightest 3 piece recurve from their catalog and a dozen shafts to match. Thoughts???

submitted by /u/dresserisland
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : Archery https://ift.tt/3AJr7Fz
via

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIL bowstring bruises are pretty :)

submitted by /u/HeySmilingStrange [link] [comments] from newest submissions : Archery https://ift.tt/3f0pKKc via

Youth Bows!

Morning Reddit! My 6 year old daughter loves her toy bow and we want to surprise her with a real one. Can anyone recommend some good starting youth bows? I was thinking of a compound bow with light draw. 0-200$ would be great! submitted by /u/Demondeath1 [link] [comments] from newest submissions : Archery https://ift.tt/3fsFHct via

My new baby. Kinetic Vygo with 32# Long WNS Explor B1 limbs, WNS rest, X-Spot plunger, Cartel fast flight 16 strand string, and last a new tab Black Mamba T-2.

submitted by /u/RVJerusalem [link] [comments] from newest submissions : Archery https://ift.tt/2HTUjUi via